Wednesday 23 February 2011

TOP FIVE LIQUID EYELINERS

I was a late adopter when it came to liquid eyeliner. I used to be a kohl kinda gal, but now I'm settled. Liquid all the way. You'll never get a smoother liner or a more awesome kick at the end of your lash line. So, here are my top five liquid eyeliners...

Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner, £5.29
http://www.boots.com/
Best for beginners

This liner was recommended to me by a few different friends, and I can see why. It's really easy to apply, the colour goes on really dark and lasts all day/night. It is also a real bargain. If you're trying out liquid liner for the first time, this is a dream. My only negative about this liner, is that the fibres in the applicator starts to flake after a while - so it's necessary to pull these loose threads away before you use (or you'll end up with messy eyelids!)

Colorsport 24hour Eyeliner, £7.49
www.boots.com
Best for waterproof lines
The Colorsport eyeliner is pretty thick, a bit like a felt tip pen - perfect if you like thick lines. The great thing about this liner is that it's waterproof and long lasting. Perfect for holidays or weddings... as there's nothing worse that eyeliner running down your face!

New CID I-flick, £18.50
Debenhams
Best multi-purpose liner

There are two things I love about this liner. The first is that the liquid eyeliner brush is really small, allowing for really precise lines to be drawn (even right into the inner eye lash line). The second is that it has a retractable kohl liner... ideal for the inner lash line - as I've never been able to master painting the inner lash line with liquid liner, at least not without turning my eyeball black! Basically this is the handbag must-have for a night out!
No7 Smoky Eyeliner
http://www.boots.com/
Best for Smoky Eyes

I feel a bit naughty mentioning this eyeliner as a) it's technically not liquid and b) it's limited edition and no longer available to buy (unless you get lucky on Ebay). BUT, this really is a fab little find. It's a powder eyeliner, that with one stoke, creates a fabulous smoky line. Great for those of us that love the sexy, smouldering look. Keep your eyes peeled for any similar products... Particularly in other colours. I'd love to try it in navy!
YSL Eyeliner Moire £22
http://www.boots.com/
Best blow-out buy

Hands up who likes pretty things in their make-up bag? Me me me! But not fashion over function, the YSL Moire liner is silky smooth and it's delicate brush enables you to swipe on a fashion show perfect line in an instant. Did I mention it's really pretty too?

What liners do you love? I'm going to do a top five gel liner review soon, so would be great to hear if there are any great gel liners I should look out for XX

4 comments:

  1. I love the Rimmel liquid eyeliner too! I would love to try the YSL one but it's slightly out of my budget at the moment lol

    xo

    beautyjusticehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the colorsport one like a felt tip?

    Liquid eyeliners are great, but don't use them if you've put false lashes on it makes them fall off!! (I think it's the oil?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, colorsport is just like a felt tip - but looks good on. I've never had a problem using liquid liner over false lashes. I usually put liner on before and then after - as kohl pencils are too chunky on top of false lashes!

    ReplyDelete