Sunday 15 May 2011

TOP FIVE NEW FAVOURITE THINGS

There's nothing like trying something new and falling a little bit in love... It's always a risk, as you never know if you're going to like something, but in a canary-sent-down-the-coalmine type way, I've taken the hit and tested some new items out. Below are my top five new tries, so you can give them a go knowing they're bloody awesome.
Sweet Breath, £1.99 for three
http://www.sweetbreath.co.uk/
I was sent some samples of a new breath freshener to try. I usually use gum when I want fresher breath, but these little spray vials have made me rethink. They are bloody fantastic. With a couple of sugar and fat free squirts, it kills germs and gives the minty-fresh effect you're after in an instant. Called Sweet Breath, and retailing at under £2 for three little bottles, its definitely worth picking up a pack to keep in your handbag!
Montagne Jeunesse Pressed Cherry & Cocoa Lip Balm, £3.05
http://www.montagnejeunesse.com/
Mmmmm, lip balm. I always need lip balm within reaching distance, so my lips can stay silky-soft all day long. The newest balm to creep into my collection is from Montagne Jeunesse. I'd not seen them before, so was really excited to give them a try (as I'm a big fan of its facemasks). The lip balm is made from 100% pure beeswax, and bursts with a chocolately smell and flavour. Other flavours include Shea Butter & Mango, Cranberry & Aloe Vera, Wheatgerm & Black Pepper and Aloe Vera & Spearmint.

label.m Organic Orange Blossom & Organic Moisturising Lemongrass Shampoo  & Conditioner £13.25 each
www.labelm.co.uk
There's nothing like coming out of a hair salon with beautiful, bouncy, shiny, gorgeous-smelling hair. Most of us can't afford to visit the salon every week. But, we can afford salon quality shampoo and conditioner, to recreate great hair at home. label m smells delicious - I've been using the Lemongrass variant for thick hair - and I love it. Perhaps because it's organic, I find it really mild on my hair (I have a tendency to get dandruff, but this shampoo doesn't aggravate the 'condition') The conditioner is ubur moisturising, and contains Shea Butter to leave hair looking soft and glossy. I'd highly recommend label m for a pampering purchase!
Yes To Cucumbers Calming Facial Mask, £11.99
http://www.victoriahealth.com/
Face masks are a little treat, and the new Calming Facial Mask from Yes To Cucumbers is aaaaahmazing. I woke up the other morning with blotchy skin, not cool. Rather than slapping on layers of concealer, I opened my tub of face mask, slopped it on my face and left the cucumbers, aloe and Dead Sea mud to work there magic. After five minutes, I rinsed the beautiful-smelling mask off and voila... much smoother, calmer skin! I've been using the ranges' Facial Towlettes (wipes to you and me) too - and they are lovely too!


Ghost Enchanted Bloom
I am a fickle little fly, so whenever I finish a perfume, I have to find a new and better one. My last, Chanel Chance eau tendre, wasn't strong enough - I'd put it on and not be able to smell it an hour later...My latest perfume purchase is Ghost Enchanted Bloom. As you'd expect from a Ghost fragrance, it's really feminine, with notes of Jasmine, Water Lily, Amber and Freesias. It's not too sweet either, so it feels quite sexy as well as girly.

What are your latest top finds?

1 comment: